Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Decisions, decisions.

For a while I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, did i want to be a teacher? Did I want to be a cosmetologist? I couldn't decide. Getting married didn't help. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being married and I know it was the right decision, but it makes me feel like a timer has started. It makes me feel like I won't have time for a teaching degree. Cosmetology was my second choice (I love doing hair and everything, but I was really only thinking about choosing it because it would be significantly shorter than a education degree), no one knew that though, besides Chauncey. I really didn't want to choose that, but I would just so I would have some way of making money if something ever happened to Chauncey.
I took the summer to think about it, and I though why should I give up my dreams? We will still have children, but that doesn't mean I have stop everything and give up what I've wanted to do since freshman year. So this semester I signed up for EDU 1010. This class is my first step to becoming a teacher. I still was a little uneasy about teaching because of how much time it would take. This class requires me to have 15 hours of field work, so I am currently volunteering for two teachers at an elementary school. They both teach 3rd grade, and its so interesting to see the difference in their classrooms. Ever since I started volunteering, it has become harder and harder to say no to a teaching degree. I love helping and teaching the children, they are so wonderful to be around. I'm sure there are going to be bad days, where they just don't listen, but I think I can handle those. I just want to help, I want to make a difference. There are many teachers out there who don't care that much about their students or about how they can help, but I want to be one of the ones who do. So taking this all into consideration, I think I am ready to really commit to teaching. I feel like it is right for me, and I think I'm pretty decent at it.
So I guess that's it, just thought I would share and let everyone know what I've decided.:]

0 comments:

Post a Comment